MISSION STATEMENT = D.P.C.I.

View previous topic View next topic Go down

MISSION STATEMENT = D.P.C.I.

Post by Admin on Mon Mar 09, 2015 3:34 pm

Because I have created and operated several survival based websites in the past, and have learned a vast amount about people and attitudes, and have dealt with set-backs and failures, I have found that what has been missing is leadership. Though I created those other forums, and I was the administrator, I always refused to lead, hoping in vain that the membership would be self-motivating and self-directed, or that someone else would take up the leadership role. This has turned out to be a false philosophy and detrimental attitude. I tried to be passive in my approach, and ultimately let down those members who were seeking help and assistance from those communities that I had established. I apologize to those who know me.

This will be different. I now intend to lead, with the help of my friends.

There is a specific mission for Survival Sanity, and the purpose is found in the name: to bring some sanity to the survivalist community. But in fulfilling that purpose, there must be a well established path to getting there. Wandering around aimlessly in cyberspace and posting the occasional pearl of wisdom or anecdote will not make it happen. We must have a directed mission to accomplish our goals. This will not work any other way.

D.P.C.I.

Duty
Purpose
Community
Identity

To be part of the Survival Sanity Community, each of us has a Duty to keep each other focused on life and living while we are on our path's to preparedness. We each need to be congnizant of real world dangers as the primary threat to our survival, and focus less on those things beyond our control, or those things which have very low percentages of actually occurring. Full societal collapse is a perfect example of a survival event that has never occurred in recorded human history, so our focus on survival strategies for it should be minimal. Devastation from natural and man made events are quite common and happen quite often, and should be far more of our focus.

It is also our Duty to be good stewards of our knowledge, and to pass it on as best as possible. Cramming it down the throats of those who choose not to hear us is a waste of time and resources. A better way to express our Duty is by deed - to lead by example. We must be nurturing teachers with a gentle touch. Wearing camouflage to Denny's is not a gentle approach, nor is discussing EMPs at the Thanksgiving meal.

Another aspect of our Duty is Community. We as survivalists must work to build our own tight knit Communities. These Communities must use our common interests to align ourselves with other Communities. Survivalists are an uncommon breed, making up less that 1% of the total population. As a segment of the population we are a Community unto ourselves, yet we are separate, distant, and detached from one another, the exact opposite of Community. It is incumbent upon each of us to seek out those of like mind and make survival Communities (a.k.a.: Mutual Assistance Groups (MAG), survival groups, etc.) We should, as Communities work together, for the benefit of everyone, not the lone recluses, too paranoid to come out. If you are living in fear of your family, friends, and/or neighbors, then you are doing something very wrong. There is safety in numbers, so we must work diligently as part of our Duty to build Communities.

Our Communities have Purpose, which is to survive. There is also a larger Purpose, which is to help others survive. As part of Survival Sanity, we will be requesting, as part of our Duty, that Communities volunteer to render assistance to other Communities when needed or required. If we are not supporting each other, then what is the Purpose. We must, as a condition of our Duty to our Community, radiate love and compassion for our fellow man when they have suffered a tragedy. THIS is the fastest way to grow our Community and lead by example.

Only by our Duty to establish survival Communities, and our Purpose to serve other Communities, can we establish our Identity. People want to Identify with something; it is human nature. We shall erect our Identity through fulfilling our Purpose and Duty.

This is our mission and this is how we will live.
Admin
Admin

View user profile http://survivalsanity.team-talk.net

Back to top Go down

Re: MISSION STATEMENT = D.P.C.I.

Post by Texas Patriot on Mon Mar 09, 2015 7:54 pm

Agreed!

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by OKUTE on Mon Mar 09, 2015 11:46 pm

I concur
OKUTE

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ranger on Tue Mar 10, 2015 3:59 pm

Yes. Absolutely.
Ranger

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by jcsmith on Tue Mar 10, 2015 4:51 pm

Well said. I like it and no apologies needed you have never led me astray everyone in my group I met through your work before.
Thanks
jcsmith

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by audie7 on Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:19 pm

I agree with this statement  and like the distinction   toward survivial rather then preparedness as I feel it is more encompassing.
audie7

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by LSP on Tue Mar 10, 2015 8:08 pm

I think the MS is both thoughtful and sane. I understand that's not always a given...
LSP

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top